The daily consumption of mercury through common foods and other products, particularly seafood and its treatment, is what drives market for mercury poisoning treatments. On the other hand, unclear environmental regulations will probably hinder the growth of the market for mercury poisoning treatment in the future years. However, the mercury Poisoning Treatment market would have a chance to grow in the upcoming time due to strategic alliances between the major players and current clinical trials on mercury poisoning drugs.
The mercury poisoning treatment market US$ 34.15 Million and is anticipated to reach US$ 51.28 Million by the end of 2030 with CAGR of 5.2% from 2023to 2030.
The management of acute and chronic mercury poisoning caused by mercury exposure is referred to as mercury poisoning treatment. Humans are frequently exposed to mercury through the consumption of polluted seafood and fish. Mercury poisoning has negative effects on the digestive system, peripheral and central nervous systems, and it can even be fatal. Chelating agents, chelating agent combination therapy, and plasma exchange hemodialysis, plasmaphoresis are the mainstays of treatment for mercury toxicity. It addresses elemental, organic, and inorganic mercury poisoning. These medications can also be injected and consumed directly. Drugs for treating mercury poisoning are sold in pharmacies, internet stores, and hospitals. This therapy is offered in hospitals, specialized centers, homecare, and other settings.
Mercury Poisoning Treatment Market to Recover Amid COVID-19 Pandemic
COVID-19 started in Wuhan (China) in December 2019 and has since quickly expanded throughout the world. In terms of confirmed cases and reported fatalities, the US, India, Brazil, Russia, France, the UK, Turkey, Italy, and Spain are some of the nations that have been most severely impacted. Due to lockdowns, travel restrictions, and company closures, the COVID-19 has had an impact on the economies and industries of numerous nations. Hospitals are in continuous communication with local, state, and federal agencies during the COVID-19 outbreak because mercury emissions are already common in the environment and they need to be protected in order to treat patients who have mercury poisoning.
Companies in the market for mercury poisoning treatment are expanding their capacity for drug production to prevent a shortage of medical supplies and to handle emergency cases of mercury exposure during the COVID-19 situation. In the event of youth dental care emergencies, manufacturers are making mercury-free alternatives for dental fillings. As a result, the market is anticipated to expand steadily over the course of the forecast term.
Increasing Prevalence of Dental Amalgams and Development of Drugs to Boost Mercury Poisoning Treatment Market
The mercury poisoning treatment market is expected to increase as more patients choose to use mercury-containing dental amalgams and as medications for treating its complications are developed. Dental amalgam is a major source of exposure, according to the WHO, as it can contain up to 50% elemental mercury. It emits tiny mercury ions or particles that could be breathed in or consumed. The market for treating mercury poisoning has expanded as a result of efforts by the government and medical professionals to safeguard people from unintentional mercury exposure and significant investments in research and development.
In the upcoming years, there may be additional opportunities for the growth of the mercury poisoning treatment market due to the rise in efforts from healthcare professionals and the government to protect patients from accidental mercury poisoning. The market for mercury poisoning treatment, however, may face additional difficulties in the near future due to a shortage of trained staff and strict safety standards.
North America to Spearhead the Mercury Poisoning Treatment Market
North America is the fastest-growing segment in the mercury poisoning treatment market due to several factors, including:
- Rise in structured healthcare industry: The healthcare industry in North America is becoming more structured day by day which is contributing to the development of mercury poisoning treatment market in the region.
- Occurrence of major key players: The prevalence of several major key players in North America will further boost the mercury poisoning treatment market in the forecast period.
- Growth strategies: Government and other private organizations in North America have adopted various growth strategies leading to the growth of mercury poisoning treatment market in this region.
Companies operating in the mercury poisoning treatment market have adopted several growth strategies to expand their market share and increase their revenue. Some of the key players in the mercury poisoning treatment market are Akorn, Incorporated, Amerigen Pharmaceuticals Limited, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd, Mylan N.V., EmeraMed Limited, Bausch Health, Medesis Pharma, Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited., AstraZeneca, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, Sanofi, Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc., Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., GlaxoSmithKline Plc., Lupin Pharmaceuticals Inc., Lilly, Novartis AG, AbbVie Inc, Pfizer Inc, Bayer AG.
- Partnerships and Collaborations: Companies are forming partnerships and collaborations to share expertise and resources to accelerate the development of new mercury poisoning treatments. These partnerships enable companies to leverage their strengths and develop new treatments more efficiently.
- Product Development and Launches: Companies are investing in research and development to develop new strategies for mercury poisoning treatment and improve existing products. These companies are launching new products in the market to expand their product portfolios and gain a competitive advantage.
- Geographical Expansion: Companies are expanding their geographical presence by entering new markets and establishing a presence in regions with high growth potential. This enables companies to tap into new customer bases and increase their revenue.
- Acquisitions and Mergers: Companies are acquiring or merging with other companies to gain access to new technologies, expertise, and product pipelines. These acquisitions and mergers enable companies to expand their capabilities and product offerings and increase their market share.
- Marketing and Promotional Activities: Companies are investing in marketing and promotional activities to increase awareness and educate healthcare professionals and patients about mercury poisoning. This enables companies to increase demand for their products and drive sales.
Overall, these growth strategies enable companies to expand their market presence, develop new products, and increase their revenue in the mercury poisoning treatment market