The market for medical supplies and tools used in the diagnosis, treatment, and avoidance of sports-related injuries is referred to as the sports medicine devices market. Products available in this market range widely and include orthopedic braces and supports, compression clothing, surgical devices, and monitoring tools.
The devices and devices used for the prevention, identification, and treatment of illnesses and injuries associated with sports are referred to as sports medical devices. This market offers a wide variety of devices, including implanted devices, arthroscopy devices, and braces and supports.
The Sports Medicine Devices Market is valued at US$ 9.5 Billion and is anticipated to reach US$ 14.8 Billion by the end of 2030 with a CAGR of 5.8% from 2022 to 2030.
The market for sports medicine devices is propelled by the rise in athletic and physical activity involvement as well as public awareness of the advantages of fitness and exercise. The industry is also impacted by technological breakthroughs and the creation of fresh, cutting-edge items.
Athletes, sports teams, medical professionals, and fitness enthusiasts all utilize sports medicine gadgets. They are made to help with injury prevention, rehabilitation support, and performance enhancement.
In the upcoming years, the demand for sports medicine devices is anticipated to increase due to reasons like an increased emphasis on injury prevention, an ageing population, the emergence of wearable technologies, and digital health solutions.
Numerous factors, including an increase in sports injuries, an older population, and a focus on injury prevention and rehabilitation, are driving the market for sports medicine devices. Technology breakthroughs in fields like wearables, robots, and digital health solutions also have an impact on the industry.
Sports Medicine Devices Market to Recover Amid COVID-19 Pandemic:
Due to the cancellation or postponement of several sporting events and activities, the COVID-19 pandemic has had a considerable negative impact on the market for sports medical devices. This has resulted in a decrease in consumer demand for these products. However, once the globe returns to normal and sporting events pick up again, the market is anticipated to rebound in the upcoming years.
For the market for sports medical devices, the pandemic has brought both new opportunities and obstacles. For instance, the pandemic has raised the demand for telemedicine and digital health solutions, and this pattern is anticipated to persist in the post-pandemic era. This trend is anticipated to be advantageous for businesses that provide remote monitoring tools and digital health solutions.
Since many people have grown more health-conscious and want to maintain their fitness and wellness during the epidemic, there has also been a renewed focus on injury prevention and rehabilitation. In the upcoming years, it is anticipated that this tendency will fuel demand for sports medical devices.
In the post-pandemic world, the market is also anticipated to develop because of the ageing population, rising sports and physical activity engagement, and technical improvements in the field of sports medical devices.
Overall, even though the COVID-19 pandemic has had a considerable influence on the market for sports medical devices, new trends and possibilities are projected to help the industry rebound in the future years.
Factors Boosting the Market for Sports Medicine Devices:
In the upcoming years, several variables are anticipated to fuel the market for sports medical devices, including:
- Participation in Sports and Physical Activities Growing: It is anticipated that the popularity of sports and physical activity among individuals of all ages would increase demand for sports medical devices. Sports medicine devices and services are required as more people take part in sports and as the risk of injury rises.
- Sports-related injuries: It has become more common, which has led to a rise in the need for sports medicine devices that can assist prevent, identify, and treat these injuries.
- Growing Aging Population: As people get older, they are more likely to sustain sports-related injuries and illnesses, necessitating the use of sports medicine devices and services to manage and treat these disorders.
- Growing Awareness of the Benefits of Health and Fitness: As people become more aware of the advantages of health and fitness, demand for sports medical devices that may assist people in maintaining their fitness objectives is rising.
- Technological Developments: The sports medicine device market is seeing innovation due to technological developments in regions like robotics, wearables, and digital health solutions. Market expansion is anticipated to be fueled by new devices and services that use these technologies.
- Growing Demand for Minimally Invasive Surgery: As the need for minimally invasive surgery grows, sports medicine devices that can help with these procedures have more chances.
- Other: Governments, sports leagues, and healthcare providers are all increasing their investments in sports medicine, which is opening new business potential.
The market for sports medical devices is anticipated to increase over the next few years because of these driving forces, opening up new business possibilities for firms in the sector.
Factors Fueling the Asia-Pacific Region’s Sports Medicine Devices Market Growth:
A rising market exists for sports medicine devices in Asia-Pacific. The growth of this region is influenced by several factors, including as the ageing of the population, rising disposable incomes, rising participation in sports and physical exercise, and growing usage of sports medicine products and services. The market for sports medicine devices in the Asia-Pacific region is also expected to rise in the coming years because of rising healthcare infrastructure spending and a growing focus on medical tourism in countries like China and India.
The Asia-Pacific region’s market for sports medicine devices is expanding because of the following factors:
- Growing Aging Population: The Asia-Pacific region’s rapidly ageing population is driving up demand for sports medicine devices and services. Older folks need treatment since they are more vulnerable to sports-related illnesses and injuries including arthritis and joint discomfort.
- Rising Disposable Incomes: More individuals in the Asia-Pacific region can now purchase sports medicine devices and services as disposable incomes grow. This is anticipated to increase demand for sports medical devices, particularly as more individuals engage in sports and physical activity as a means of maintaining their health and level of activity.
- Growing Trend in Sports and Physical Activity: Sports and physical activity participation is on the rise in the Asia-Pacific region. As more individuals take part in these activities and run the danger of becoming hurt, this development is predicted to raise demand for sports medicine devices and services.
- Investment in Infrastructure: Sports medicine services and products are becoming more widely used in Asia-Pacific as people there become more aware of their advantages. The market is expanding because of more individuals looking for these devices and services to treat their illnesses and injuries.
- Medical Tourism: The market for sports medicine devices in Asia-Pacific is anticipated to increase because of the rising emphasis on medical tourism in nations like China and India. Sports medicine products and services are projected to be in demand as more individuals visit these nations for medical care, fueling the market’s expansion.
The market for sports medical devices is predicted to expand in the Asia-Pacific region, presenting new business prospects for firms in the sector.
Understanding the competitive environment of the sports medicine devices market, including the major competitors, market share, strategies, and trends, requires competitive insights.
- Product Differentiation: To obtain a competitive advantage, sports medical devices makers are concentrating on product differentiation. For instance, Arthrex created the FiberTape® suture, a synthetic tape with more stiffness and strength than conventional suture material.
- Global Expansion: To reach new markets and consumers, several sports medical devices manufacturers are expanding their operations internationally. By establishing additional offices and distribution hubs in several nations, Smith & Nephew, for instance, has increased its footprint in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Mergers and Acquisitions: As businesses want to increase their market share and obtain access to cutting-edge technology, mergers and acquisitions are frequent in the sports medicine device industry. For instance, Zimmer Biomet bought Cayenne Medical to increase the scope of its soft tissue repair product line.
- Innovation: In the market for sports medical devices is being driven by technological developments, with businesses creating new tools and methods to enhance patient outcomes. The Sonopet Ultrasonic Aspirator, for instance, is a minimally invasive surgical tool created by Stryker that employs ultrasonic energy to accurately remove bone and soft tissue.
- Collaborations and Partnerships: As businesses want to take use of one another’s resources and skills, collaborations and partnerships are becoming increasingly common in the market for sports medicine devices. For instance, Medtronic and Zimmer Biomet collaborated to create a novel knee replacement surgical system that integrates Zimmer Biomet’s implant system with Medtronic’s navigation technology.
In conclusion, organizations use a variety of methods to keep ahead of the competition and satisfy the changing demands of consumers and healthcare professionals. The sports medical devices market is competitive and always evolving.